Valley Public Eco-Club
The aim of Eco-Club at Valley Public Higher Secondary School is to raise awareness among our students about environmental issues and develop their leadership skills to initiate actions relating to protection and conservation.
With 336 active members, Eco-Club is led by the School's CCA/ECA Incharge Mr. Prakash Sigdel is responsible for the club. Eco-Club organises various environmental conservation programs such as awareness rallies, community sanitation programs, art competitions, and sanitary equipment donation to local heritage sites.
The goals of Valley Public Eco-Club are to develop the School to be the most environmentally friendly school in Kathmandu, to educate students about environmental issues, to empower Eco-Club members and lend their hands in various social activities, as well as develop the personal qualities of Eco-Club members.
- Organise seminars, debates, lectures and popular talks on environmental issues in the school.
- Campaign against banned carry bags, use of loud speakers, banned fireworks, recycling of glass and metals, filling of water body in the adjacent area, and the unnecessary use of horns.
- Undertake field visits to environmentally important sites including polluted and degraded sites, and wildlife parks.
- Organise rallies, marches, human chains and street theatre at public places with a view to raising environmental awareness.
- Carry out action based activities such as tree planting and cleanliness drives both within and outside the school campus.
- Grow kitchen gardens, maintain vermin-free composting pits, construct water harvesting structures in the school, and undertake paper recycling.
- Maintain public places such as parks and gardens, both within and outside the school campus.
- Mobilise action against environmentally unsound practices including garbage disposal in unauthorised places, and the unsafe disposal of hospital wastes.
- Beautify selected roadside areas with plants and flowers, and put up campaign boards to educate and raise awareness.
- Put into action other innovative programmes relating to environmental issues.
Eco-Club Executive Committee
President: Sabina Subedi, X
Vice President: Pasang Dorche Sherpa, X
Vice President: Suvana Adhikari, VII
Sr. Secretary: Prabin Gautam, IX
Jr. Secretary: Rukriti Dahal, VIII
Treasurer: Pushpa Niraula, VIII
2074 Eco Club General Members (2017-18)
- Sundabarsti, Budhanilkatha-9, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Tel: + 977 (01) 437 0987; + 977 (01) 437 6215
- Email: email@example.com